Microwaving chicken breast in the Anyday avoids all stereotypes of breast as the dry, boring, and bland part of chicken. The resulting juicy, tender meat is an excellent topping for salads, pasta, sandwiches, and more.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
(8oz, 225g pieces)
|1 piece (225g)||6-8 mins|
|2 pieces (450g)||8-10 mins|
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place in one layer in an Anyday Shallow Dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If the chicken breast is very thick, cut in half before cooking.
- For the most even cooking, flip chicken halfway through the cook time.
- The lid on your Anyday dish may lift up gently on one side while cooking chicken — this is perfectly fine and happens because steam pressure has increased a bit too much inside the dish. To prevent this, you can also lower the power level, which will allow the chicken to cook more gently.
- For frozen chicken breast, add 1 tablespoon water per piece of chicken breast to quickly boost the steam. Add 5-6 more minutes than the time listed in the table for the fresh chicken breast, or until it is cooked through.
- We recommend using an Anyday Shallow Dish for cooking proteins. If using an Anyday Deep Dish, you may need to add more cooking time.
Want more chicken breast recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Simple tonkatsu: Dice into medium-sized pieces and mix with sauce of ketchup, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Serve over rice garnished with thinly sliced scallions
Fajitas: Shred and season with chipotle adobo, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Enjoy over a black bean and rice bowl
Parmesan: Spoon tomato sauce over sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese. Melt cheese under the broiler or in the microwave
Creamy pasta: Mix with alfredo sauce or cream of mushroom soup. Enjoy over cooked pasta or biscuits
Salad topper: Slice or dice and add to a simple Caesar salad
Chicken salad: Shred the cooked chicken and mix with mayo, sour cream, chopped parsley, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper for a sandwiche or lettuce wrap filling
Taco filling: Shred the chicken and season with taco seasoning. Top the tacos with tomato, avocado, and cilantro
Chicken alfredo: Shred or dice the chicken, mix with alfredo sauce and some thawed peas and enjoy over pasta or rice