Yes, you can (and should!) cook seafood in the microwave — especially juicy, succulent shrimp. Steaming retains the shrimps’ natural flavor and a bit of bite. They’re ready in under the time it takes you to peel a plate’s worth.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
(Large shrimp, 21-25 pcs per lb)
|8 oz (225g)||4-5 mins|
|16 oz (450g)||6-7 mins|
|24 oz (680g)||8-9 mins|
- Season shrimp with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Place in one layer in an Anyday Shallow Dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until shrimp is opaque white with bright pink/red accents.
- For the most even cooking, flip halfway through the cook time.
- You may need to add time for larger shrimp, and decrease time for smaller shrimp.
- For frozen shrimp, add 1 teaspoon liquid (e.g. water, chicken stock, soy sauce) per 8oz of shrimp to quickly boost the steam. You may need to add a bit more cook time.
- We recommend using an Anyday Shallow Dish for cooking proteins. If using an Anyday Deep Dish, you may need to add more cooking time.
Want more shrimp recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Taco filling: Season with chili powder and lime juice
Tangy chili: Mix with worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley, and chili flakes
Thai-inspired: Mix with sweet chili sauce, chopped cilantro, and lime juice
Scampi: Mix with melted butter, garlic powder, chopped parsley, and a splash of lemon juice
Cocktail-style: Cool completely, add a squeeze of lemon juice, and serve with cocktail sauce.
Mexican-style shrimp cocktail: Mix in with tomato juice, chopped red onion, cilantro, lime juice, avocado and hot sauce. Enjoy with thinly sliced celery
Quick shrimp scampi: add some butter, garlic powder, chopped parsley, and lemon juice
Shrimp and avocado salad: Cut the shrimp into smaller pieces and toss with fresh diced tomatoes, avocado, lime juice and zest, olive oil, chopped cilantro, and hot sauce