Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time4-7 mins
to learn a TikTok dance
Once you make bacon in the microwave, you may never do it on the stovetop or in the oven again. The strips get super crispy and the cleanup is so much easier. And you get to save all of that bacon fat, a.k.a. liquid gold! Just note that quantity of bacon will affect cook time, as will the bacon's thickness, so you may need to add or reduce cooking time depending on the cut of the strips (more pieces and thicker strips will need more time; fewer pieces and thinner strips will need less).
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2-4 strips of thin or thick-cut bacon, cut in half
- Add as much bacon as you can fit in a single layer in the Anyday dish.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for 4-7 minutes, or until bacon is as crispy as you like. If needed, add more time in 30-second intervals. (NOTE: When taking the Anyday dish out of the microwave, put it on a trivet or kitchen towel. Placing the hot Anyday on a cold counter or in the sink may cause the dish to crack.)
- Remove bacon from the Anyday dish, allowing excess bacon grease to drip off, and place it on a plate lined with paper towels. Discard or save remaining bacon grease. Bacon will continue to cook and crisp slightly as it cools down.
Serving suggestions & tips
- For chewier bacon, reduce cooking time. For crispier bacon, increase cooking time.
- To make bacon bits for a salad topping, cook the bacon and then chop or crumble.
- Use leftover bacon fat to whisk into vinaigrettes, toss with potatoes for roasting, and sautéeing veggies.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.