Perfect Poached Eggs
Prep Time30 seconds
Cook Time3 mins
to water your plants
Once you poach eggs in the microwave, you’ll never go back to making them on the stovetop. It may take a try or two to dial it in for your microwave wattage, but once it’s right, you’ll get perfectly set whites and runny yolks every time. You may even start poaching eggs on weekday mornings!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2 eggs
- Fill the Medium Shallow Anyday Dish with tap water up to the crease of the bowl. (Note: this much water is necessary to make sure the eggs are fully submerged!)
- Crack eggs into the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 2:30-3:30 minutes. Gently press the egg yolk to check that the eggs are done to your liking, and add more time in 30-second increments if needed. Better to start with less time since you can always add more!
- Immediately remove eggs from water using a slotted spoon. Drain each egg and blot with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Serve right away!
Serving suggestions & tips
- The eggs will keep cooking if you leave them in the water. Remove them from the hot water immediately, or if you’re not eating right away, gently place them in a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking.
- Quantity matters! Fewer eggs will take slightly less time to cook. More eggs will take slightly more time to cook.
- Garnish with chopped chives, fresh salsa, or smoked sea salt.
- Great for adding to a bowl of ramen.
- Make sure that the eggs are fully submerged in water and aren't poking above water (especially if you have extra large eggs)! When microwaves come in direct contact with whole eggs, it can cause the egg to explode.
- You can use a different Anyday dish size, but make sure that the eggs are fully submerged in water. You may need to increase cook times if there’s more water in the dish than this recipe calls for.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.