Believe it or not, it's entirely possible to make crispy bacon in the microwave. The best part is that when using the Anyday, you can capture all of that liquid gold (aka bacon grease) once the bacon's done cooking.
|2-4 strips||6-9 mins|
- Add as much bacon as you can fit in a single layer in the Anyday dish.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until bacon is as crispy as you like. If needed, add more time in 30-second intervals. (NOTE: When taking the Anyday dish out of the microwave, put it on a trivet or kitchen towl. Placing the hot Anyday on a cold counter or in the sink may cause the dish to crack.)
- Remove bacon from the Anyday dish, allowing excess bacon grease to drip off, and place it on a plate lined with paper towels. Discard or save remaining bacon grease. Bacon will continue to cook and crisp slightly as it cools down.
- Repeat with any remaining uncooked bacon strips.
- For chewier bacon, reduce cooking time. For crispier bacon, increase cooking time.
- To make bacon bits for a salad topping, cook the bacon and then chop or crumble.
- Use leftover bacon fat to whisk into vinaigrettes, toss with potatoes for roasting, and sautéeing veggies.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.
Want more bacon recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Sweet and Spicy: Drizzle some chili crunch and a sprinkle of brown sugar over cooked bacon for a sweet and spicy touch.
Miso Tahini Bacon: Brush the raw bacon with a paste of equal parts miso and tahini dissolved in warm water, then cook until crispy. (This miso and tahini paste after would also make a delicious sandwich spread or ramen topping.)
Quick Flavor Cubes: Chop the cooked bacon and pack into a silicone ice cube tray. Pour melted butter or extra virgin olive oil (ideally EVOO) and freeze. Use these frozen cubes as a quick sauce base, or add to mac and cheese, baked potatoes, and more.
Bacon Chili Crisp: Chop leftover crispy bacon and add to our homemade chili crisp for a major flavor boost. (This will keep up to one week.)
Bacon and Apple Vinaigrette: Chop extra crispy bacon and combine with a 1:2 balsamic vinegar to olive oil mixture. Add diced apple and honey for a delicious salad dressing.