Microwaving cooks potatoes much faster than boiling (not to mention skipping the time it takes for the water to boil!), while locking in all of its flavor. It’s a perfect shortcut for mashed potatoes, and for crispy potatoes steamed and finished under the broiler.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|8 oz (225g)||5-7 mins|
|16 oz (450g)||7-8 mins|
|24 oz (680g)||10-11 mins|
- Rinse the marble potatoes. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Stir halfway through the cook time for even cooking.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the potatoes steam.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
- The lid on your Anyday dish may lift up gently on one side while cooking potatoes — this is perfectly fine and happens because steam pressure has increased a bit too much inside the dish. To prevent this, you can also lower the power level, which will allow the potatoes to cook more gently.
Want more marble potato recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
German-style potato salad: Mix with apple cider vinegar, mustard, and chopped scallions
Patatas bravas-style: Season with olive oil and smoked paprika
Creamy potato salad: Mix with sour cream, chopped dill, and lemon juice
Italian-style potato salad: Mix with pesto, jarred roasted red peppers, and black olives