One-Dish Chicken, Orzo, and Feta
This one-dish meal is a celebration of Mediterranean flavors. Juicy chicken thighs are simmered in stock that's soaked up by a light (but filling) orzo pasta. Our favorite part: when heated, the crumbled feta softens into pockets of salty, creamy goodness. Serve it with a garnish of mint for a fresh summer meal.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time8 min
Cook Time15 min
to unload the dishwasher
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup or 4oz (115g) uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup (40g) broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (220ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into medium size dice
- Mint or parsley to serve
- Add all the ingredients into the Anyday dish and stir to combine. Cover with lid (knob lifted).
- Cook at Power Level 7✕
Certain foods cook best in the microwave at lower power levels.
Different microwaves have different settings. See your microwave manual (or look it up online) to learn how to change your microwave’s power level.
For many microwaves: enter the cook time, press the “Power” (or “Power Level”) button, and select a number between 1-10. Other microwaves may require selecting the Power Level first, and then entering the cook time.
Microwaves list power levels in different ways. Here’s a guide to help you adjust:
PL 10 = 100% = High (default)
PL 9 = 90% = High
PL 8 = 80% = Med-High
PL 7 = 70% = Med-High
PL 6 = 60% = Medium
PL 5 = 50% = Medium
PL 4 = 40% = Med-Low
PL 3 = 30% = Med-Low
PL 2 = 20% = Low
PL 1 = 10% = Low
You will know if the power level has been successfully changed if you hear periodic changes in the microwave’s tone after it begins cooking.
- Stir well to incorporate. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh mint or parsley and extra feta if desired.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Add chopped black olives to the orzo pasta while it cooks for a mediterranean twist.
- For some spice, sprinkle in some chili flakes.
- Substitute chicken thigh for chicken breast if you'd like.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.