It’s hard to imagine an easier, faster, or healthier side dish. Steaming broccoli in the microwave preserves its brilliant green color (and its nutrients!). The stalks turn tender, but not too pliant, with just the right amount of bite.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|2 cups (100g)||4-5 mins|
|4 cups (200g)||6-7 mins|
|6 cups (300g)||7-8 mins|
- Cut broccoli into florets and rinse. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until broccoli is vibrant green and tender, but not mushy.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the broccoli steam.
- For the most even cooking, stir halfway through the cook time.
- For frozen broccoli, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of broccoli to quickly boost the steam. You shouldn’t need to change your cook time.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
Want more broccoli recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
A little spice: Mix with chili crunch and sesame seeds
Cacio e pepe: Mix with parmesan cheese, black pepper, and extra virgin olive oil
Garlic butter: Top with a mixture of room temperature butter, garlic powder, and chopped parsley
Sweet umami: Mix with fish sauce, chili flakes, and maple syrup