Bacon-Wrapped Walnut Dates
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time6 mins
to polish the Champagne flutes
Impress your guests with this fancy 3-ingredient appetizer! Sweet dates are stuffed with walnuts and wrapped in savory bacon for a satisfying bite. Prepare the dates ahead of time and pop them in the microwave for an easy appetizer in minutes — now thats a time-saver worth celebrating!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 strips center cut bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 whole walnuts (optional)
- Make the sauce: Mix the vinegar, mustard, honey and cayenne (if using) in a small bowl and set aside.
- Gently split dates with your fingers to make an opening and press walnuts inside. Close the dates and wrap with half a strip of bacon. Set the dates seam-side down into the Anyday Dish.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for 6-7 minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Note: The bacon will crisp up as it cools — do not overcook!
- Serve immediately with mustard sauce.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute walnuts for cashews, Brazil nuts, or cooked sausage.
- Easily prepare this appetizer in advance. Keep the Bacon-Wrapped Dates in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Why use a Shallow Dish? When cooking bacon in the microwave, the strips need plenty of room to lay flat. Our Shallow Dish features enough surface area for bacon to spread out, making it the perfect vessel for microwaving bacon. The silicone-lined lid keeps all of the bacon grease in the dish, not on your microwave’s walls!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.