Coconut Rice Noodles
This easy weeknight dish is fresh, flavorful, and gluten-free, not to mention, completely made in the microwave. Top these rice noodles, cooked in turmeric-spiced coconut milk broth, with crunchy peanuts, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time6-8 mins
to listen to a podcast
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup (60g) red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz (170ml) coconut milk
- ½ cup (115ml) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2.5 oz (70g) rice noodles
- Lime wedges
- Place the oil, red onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and pepper in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions have softened and the spices are fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, honey, fish sauce, and rice noodles. Cover and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the noodles are tender.
- Allow the noodles to rest covered for 1 minute. Squeeze with fresh lime juice before serving.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Sprinkle with chopped toasted peanuts for a crunchy topping.
- Garnish with basil, cilantro, or bean sprouts to brighten.
- Add spice with a spoonful of sambal oelek or your favorite hot sauce.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.