There’s no more straightforward or faster way to cook this staple than in the microwave. Steam them as a shortcut before air frying or broiling, or eat them directly with toppings, “baked” potato-style.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|1 medium size (170g)||6-7 mins|
|2 medium size (340g)||11-12 mins|
|3 medium size (510g)||13-15 mins|
- Rinse and cut in half. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Flip halfway through the cook time for even cooking.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the potatoes steam.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
- The lid on your Anyday dish may lift up gently on one side while cooking potatoes — this is perfectly fine and happens because steam pressure has increased a bit too much inside the dish. To prevent this, you can also lower the power level, which will allow the potatoes to cook more gently.
Want more potato recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Cheesy sour cream: Mix with a dollop of sour cream, sliced scallions or chives, shredded cheddar, and crispy shallots
Chile con carne: Serve as a side for chile con carne instead of cornbread
German style: Cut into medium-sized pieces and mix with sauerkraut and grain mustard
Classic mash: Mash (skin on) with butter, garlic powder, and a dollop of sour cream