Mild in taste (though certainly not lacking in flavor), all types of white fish cook beautifully in the microwave. Whether you’re using cod, halibut, flounder, or sole, microwave fillets until flaky and fork-tender for a simple meal.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
(4-6oz, 110-170g fillets)
|One 4-6oz piece||4-5 mins|
|Two 4-6 oz pieces||5-6 mins|
|Three 4-6 oz pieces||6-7 mins|
- Season fish with salt and pepper to taste. Place in one layer in an Anyday Shallow Dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- For the most even cooking, flip halfway through the cook time.
- For frozen fish, add 1 teaspoon liquid (e.g. water, chicken stock, soy sauce) per fillet to quickly boost the steam. You may need to add a bit more cook time.
- We recommend using an Anyday Shallow Dish for cooking proteins. If using an Anyday Deep Dish, you may need to add more cooking time.
Want more white fish recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Lemon garlic: Mix with room temperature butter, lemon zest, chopped chives, and garlic powder
Tuna salad-style: Once cool, mix with sour cream, lemon juice, and chopped chives for an upgrade on your tuna salad
Tapenade butter: Top with a mixture of room temperature butter with chopped chives, black olives, chopped capers, lemon juice, and thyme
Fish tacos: Season cooked fish with chili powder, chopped cilantro and lime juice