Microwave Brown Butter
Brown butter makes everything better. Use it to add a warm nuttiness to baked goods, toss with fresh sage for the most luxurious pasta sauce, and so much more. The possibilities are endless.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time1 min
Cook Time5-7 mins
to light a candle
4 tablespoons butter, diced
- Place the butter in the Anyday. Cover with the lid slightly ajar. (Note: you don’t want to fully cover the Anyday because otherwise the lid won’t allow the moisture in the butter to evaporate and therefore it won’t brown! But you also don’t want butter to splatter all over your microwave, so having the lid ajar is a happy medium.)
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until butter smells fragrant and nutty and turns golden brown. You will definitely hear popping sounds while the water in the butter bubbles and evaporates — that is normal! The lid should prevent any butter from escaping.
- Whisk and use as desired.
Serving suggestions & tips
- The popping sounds can be intense! Different butter brands can contain different water contents, so you will hear more popping sounds with some brands compared to others. If the popping gets too intense, lower the power level of your microwave, or brown the butter in shorter time intervals, stirring frequently until all the water has evaporated.
- You can put brown butter on virtually anything! Try spooning over cooked chicken, pasta, or fish.
- If you’d like, use brown butter when baking cookies or cakes or in any other recipe that calls for regular butter.
- Brown butter can be saved in the fridge and used later once it has solidified.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.