Coconut Lime Shrimp
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time7-8 mins
to browse your local Asian market
No airfare needed— Let the microwave transport you to a tropical island! This sweet and savory shrimp dish is packed with fresh lime, flavorful fish sauce, and sweet coconut. The microwave steams shrimp to perfection in 10 minutes or less. Want to keep it light? Substitute light coconut milk for full fat and serve with a bright and crunchy cucumber salad.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well..
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ small jalapeño, finely chopped
- ¾ cup (200ml) full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 8 oz (225g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- Fried shallots, for topping (optional)
- Place the oil, shallot, garlic, jalapeño, coconut milk, cornstarch, and fish sauce in the Anyday and mix to combine.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted), and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. Whisk to thicken the sauce.
- Add the shrimp and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Finish the dish with lime zest and juice, salt, and cilantro (if desired).
Serving suggestions & tips
- To bulk up the vegetables in this dish, substitute peppers with bok choy or cabbage.
- Use chicken, tofu or pork loin instead of shrimp. Be sure to adjust cook times as needed!
- Top with chili crisp or chili oil for a spicy kick.
- Why use a Shallow Anyday dish? Shrimp need plenty of room to spread out to cook evenly. A Shallow Anyday dish offers more surface area on the bottom, giving the shrimp enough room to steam to perfection!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.
Microwave Match-Up: Shrimp
See for yourself— microwaving shrimp is simply faster, start to finish
|Microwave in an Anyday dish||3 mins|
|Instant Pot*||16 mins|