DIY Kid Pizzas
This recipe is every parent’s dream — homemade cheese pizza in minutes! Anyday Small Dishes whip up these soft, focaccia-style pies that are perfect for little ones. Gather the kiddos around the counter and they can create their own — no oven or stove required.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time4-5 mins
to make up a silly song
- 1 cup (140g) all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons for coating the dish
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce, divided
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pitted black olives
- Pesto or fresh basil
- Chili flakes
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and water with a fork until a sticky dough is formed.
- Coat 2 Small Anyday dishes with remaining olive oil. Divide the dough and transfer to each dish, pressing gently to flatten and push up along the sides.
- Brush the dough with a thin layer of sauce. Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky and slightly bouncy to the touch. You may microwave two dishes at one time.
- Add more sauce to your liking, then top the pizzas with your favorite toppings. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes or until the toppings are hot and the dough is cooked through.
- Finish with fresh basil, pesto or chili flakes and parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Serving suggestions & tips
- To make this recipe even easier, use store-bought fresh or thawed frozen pizza dough. Use about ¼ cup of dough per small dish.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.