Frittata is the hero of brunch because it can serve a crowd. This one is packed with veggies and cheese and cooked to fluffy perfection in the microwave. Feel free to mix and match your favorite fillings!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time6-7 mins
to make another batch of mimosas
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of onion, small dice
- ¼ cup (40g) medium bell pepper, small dice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs (150g)
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon jack cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons basil, chopped
- Combine butter, onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until bell pepper is tender.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sour cream (or mayo) thoroughly. Add cheese and chopped basil and mix well.
- Add egg, cheese, and herb mixture into the Anyday dish with the vegetables and stir briefly to combine. Cover and cook at Power Level 5✕
Certain foods cook best in the microwave at lower power levels.
Different microwaves have different settings. See your microwave manual (or look it up online) to learn how to change your microwave’s power level.
For many microwaves: enter the cook time, press the “Power” (or “Power Level”) button, and select a number between 1-10. Other microwaves may require selecting the Power Level first, and then entering the cook time.
Microwaves list power levels in different ways. Here’s a guide to help you adjust:
PL 10 = 100% = High (default)
PL 9 = 90% = High
PL 8 = 80% = Med-High
PL 7 = 70% = Med-High
PL 6 = 60% = Medium
PL 5 = 50% = Medium
PL 4 = 40% = Med-Low
PL 3 = 30% = Med-Low
PL 2 = 20% = Low
PL 1 = 10% = Low
You will know if the power level has been successfully changed if you hear periodic changes in the microwave’s tone after it begins cooking.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Garnish with arugula, fresh herbs, salsa, avocado or creme fraiche.
- Fantastic breakfast for the whole family.
- Substitute jalapeños for bell peppers for a spicier version!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.