Mediterranean Poached Salmon
Transport yourself to the Mediterranean with this quick salmon dish featuring savory feta, artichokes, and a panko topping. The salmon microwaves to perfection when poached with fragrant white wine, garlic, and fresh lemon.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4-5 mins
to plan a Mediterranean vacation
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled (40g)
- 2 tablespoons panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 8oz (225g) salmon filet
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons black olives, thinly sliced
- 1 artichoke heart, quartered
- In a separate bowl, mix the feta cheese, panko, parsley, lemon zest, and garlic powder until a coarse crumble is formed.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the panko mixture, making a ‘crust’ over the salmon. Set aside.
- Place the wine, butter, chili flakes, olives, and artichokes into the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the liquids have come to a simmer and the butter is fully melted.
- Add the salmon (panko-crust side up) and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until the fish is almost completely cooked. For thicker filets, add another 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve the salmon alongside the sauce and vegetables.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute the salmon for halibut or cod for equally delicious results.
- Substitute the parsley with mint for a refreshing touch.
- If artichokes are unavailable, you may substitute with cherry tomatoes or asparagus.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.