Balsamic-Charred Brussels Sprouts
Crisp on the outside, meltingly tender on the inside, we’ll bet this is your new favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts. When it comes to the sauce, balsamic vinegar and honey are a match made in heaven — sharply sweet but only just so. Serve the Brussels steamed, or char them on the stove for additional crunch. Cooking them in the Anyday cuts down on cook time for the latter.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time6 mins
to whistle your favorite song
- ½ lb (225g) Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Combine the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until sprouts are vibrant green and crisp-tender, but not mushy. (If you want a softer texture, let rest for one minute in the dish.)
- If you’d like to char the sprouts, preheat a pan with a glug of olive oil until very hot. Once preheated, add the sprouts cut side down and allow them to brown for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If you don’t want to char them, just add 30 more seconds to the cook time.)
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Toss together with the sprouts after they finish browning.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and toasted walnuts if using.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Try switching out the balsamic for other flavors like harissa or miso!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.