Spinach Artichoke Dip
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time5-6 mins
to say hi to a friend via snail mail
With just enough spinach to make you feel virtuous, this creamy classic is like your favorite pair of stretchy pants. Garlic and hot sauce add a kick of heat, perfect for pairing with veggies and chips. Add chopped canned artichoke hearts, or skip it if it's not your thing! Best enjoyed in said stretchy pants, with friends or solo.
The best part about making dip in the Anyday dish is how easy it is to reheat. Simply cover with the lid, pop it back in the microwave for a minute or two, and it’s good as new! Plus, if you have any leftover dip, the lid makes for easy storage or you can use Anytime Trays to portion out frozen spinach dip for later.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups (180g) frozen spinach
- 4 oz (115g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (80g) shredded jack cheese
- ½ cup (85g) canned artichokes, drained and roughly chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3-5 dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- Add all the ingredients into the Anyday dish and mix to combine.
- Cover with the lid (knob lifted), and cook for 5-6, or until the dip has thickened and the cheese has melted.
- Stir the ingredients until the dip looks emulsified, creamy, and well incorporated.
- Optional: Sprinkle some more shredded cheese on top and transfer to a 500°F oven for 5 minutes, or until the topping is browned.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Try replacing the jack cheese with shredded mozzarella, swiss, or smoked gouda.
- Substitute artichokes with water chestnuts for extra crunch.
- Add chopped pickled jalapeños for a spicy kick.
- Mix in chopped water chestnuts for added crunch.
- If using fresh spinach, cook the spinach by itself in batches first for 30 seconds to a minute for each batch. Then, wring out most of the liquid before adding the other ingredients.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.