Arash Hashemi’s Salmon with Saffron Cauliflower Mash
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10-12 mins
to sign up for a 5K
Bright parmesan cauliflower mash, steamed in the microwave, gets its vibrant color from saffron threads (a little goes a long way). Top with salmon fillets, seasoned with sumac, garlic powder, chili lime seasoning, and Aleppo pepper, this Keto dinner is a flavor explosion. Serve with microwaved confit tomatoes to complete the dish, inspired by Arash Hashemi's original recipe on his Instagram @shredhappens.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups (190g) cauliflower florets (frozen or fresh)
- salt, to taste
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- ¼ cup (30g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (4-6 oz each) salmon fillets , skin on
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chile lime seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper, optional
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place the cauliflower florets, salt, and saffron in the Deep Anyday dish and toss to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 5-6 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Mash the cauliflower with a fork or potato masher until a chunky mash is formed. Season the cauliflower mash with parmesan cheese and salt to your liking. Cover the mashed cauliflower and set aside while you cook the salmon.
- Pat dry the salmon on both sides and season with salt. Place the filets in the Shallow Anyday dish skin side down. Sprinkle the sumac, garlic powder, chile lime seasoning and Aleppo pepper evenly over each salmon filet. Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Cover and cook in the microwave for 5-6 minutes or until your desired doneness. (Keep in mind that thinner fillets will cook faster and thicker fillets will need more time.)
Serving suggestions & tips
- Serve the salmon alongside some of the cauliflower mash and enjoy it warm. Top with Confit Tomatoes.
- If salmon is not available, you may substitute it with halibut, Chilean sea bass, mahi mahi or even cod.
- Swap out spices for paprika, chili powder or fish seasoning.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.