Looking for weeknight dinners when it’s too hot to turn on the oven? This hearty chicken dish braises in the microwave in 20 minutes or less!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time7-10 mins
Cook Time12-15 mins
to enjoy a cold one!
- ½ cup (45g) button or cremini mushrooms, quartered (about 4 mushrooms)
- ¼ cup (30g) frozen pearl onions
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup (120ml) light beer
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 small potatoes, such as fingerling or marble
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Place the mushrooms, onions, and oil in the Anyday and toss to coat. Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small cup, make a slurry of the cornstarch and a splash of the beer. Add the beer, cornstarch slurry, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the vegetables and mix well. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes then stir until the sauce has thickened. If needed, cook for another 30 seconds until the sauce has thickened up.
- Season the chicken evenly with paprika and salt on both sides. Nestle seasoned chicken and potatoes into the sauce and continue cooking for 8-9 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Add red wine vinegar and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Serving suggestions & tips
- To make this dish gluten-free, use a certified gluten-free lager or pilsner, or substitute for chicken stock.
- If you can’t find pearl onions, substitute for chopped white onion or shallot.
- For added crunch, sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and bake in a 500°F oven for 5-8 minutes, or until bread crumbs are toasted and the chicken skin is crispy.