Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time11-12 mins
to watch a football game
Hello, hot potato! This recipe takes all of the components of a baked potato (minus the oven) and transforms them into a rich and satisfying soup. The Anyday locks in all the moisture (and flavor!) while Yukon potatoes steam with bacon, onions, and heavy cream. Serve this soup with plenty of crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, and chives to your liking.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup (60g) diced white onion
- 1 large (180g) Yukon potato, diced
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)
- Chopped chives, for serving (optional)
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Place the bacon, onions, and potatoes in the Anyday dish. Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook for 6 minutes or until the bacon fully rendered and the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add the stock, cream, thyme, salt, garlic powder, and cornstarch, and cook uncovered for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir well until the cornstarch is fully incorporated and the soup has thickened. For a smooth and creamy soup, use an immersion blender and puree to the desired texture.
- Serve the soup with cheese, crunchy bacon, chives and sour cream, if desired.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Top the soup with shredded cheese and crispy bacon or shallots.
- For a spicy kick, top this soup with chili oil or hot sauce.
- Serve this soup inside of a bread bowl for extra carbs!
- For a dairy free recipe, use coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
- Save Time with Anytime Trays: Allow soup to cool, about 10-15 minutes. Portion soup evenly into the Anytime Trays, cover with lid and freeze. When you're ready to defrost, simply pop a portion into an Anyday Small Dish and reheat for 1-2 minutes, or until the soup is warmed through.
- For a vegetarian recipe, skip the bacon and opt for vegetable stock. You can replace the bacon fat with butter, ghee, or oil.
- Substitute 1 stem of fresh thyme for dried thyme.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.