2-Minute Chocolate Soufflé
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1-2 mins
to light a candle
What if we told you that you’re just 1 minute away (or less!) from a light and airy chocolate soufflé? This impressive dessert will puff up in seconds in the microwave. Be sure to have a scoop of ice cream at the ready and dive in with two spoons before it deflates. (Don’t worry, it’s delicious either way.)
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 1 oz (28g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, separated into yolks and whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place the chocolate chips, salt, and milk in the Anyday dish and cook uncovered in the microwave for 1 minute, or until melted. Mix until smooth. Then, add the yolks to the chocolate mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites, sugar, and cornstarch with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form .
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the chocolate mixture in 3 batches until it forms a creamy mixture.
- Wipe the edges of the Anyday with a clean towel before cooking to help the souffle rise to an impressive height. Cook uncovered for 30 seconds or until the souffle just puffs up at the edge. The top should still look slightly glossy and creamy. (Note: The souffle will collapse as soon as the timer goes off, but will remain airy and light inside. If it does not collapse, it means it was a little overcooked!)
Serving suggestions & tips
- Pour some hot chocolate sauce or cold vanilla sauce over the souffle for a decorative touch.
- Use dark or milk chocolate depending on your preference.
- Add a splash of coffee or orange liquor to the milk for a boozy twist.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.