What’s the best way to cook corn? No debate: It’s cooking it in the microwave. Whether you're dealing with fresh ears from the farmer's market or a bag of frozen kernels, you'll find that microwaving corn brings out all those deliciously sweet flavors in a fraction of the time — and no waiting for a pot of water to boil.
Corn at its peak is so good, you want to cook it as gently as possible. Surprisingly, the microwave is the best way to let all that natural sweetness shines through, and it takes hardly any effort at all. All you have to do is place the corn in a Shallow Dish, cover with the lid, and microwave on full power for a few minutes depending on your microwave’s wattage. For full directions, check out our directions for how to microwave corn!
Want some mouthwatering recipe ideas? Keep reading for our favorite microwave recipes, including classics like corn on the cob and even tasty twists like polenta or grits.
Need more inspiration? Try these ideas for incorporating fresh corn into your meals:
- Serve alongside Sloppy Joes for a quick, kid-friendly dinner.
- Add slices of corn alongside the clams to bulk up this Whole Clam Chowder with Bacon.
- Throw a backyard dinner with Pulled Pork and corn on the cob.
- Substitute hominy for sweet corn kernels in a Red Pozole soup.
- Stir into a Hot Link Chili to balance the spicy flavors with sweet corn.
- Add fresh corn kernels to the filling of an Easy Shepherd’s Pie.
- Stir coconut cream into a batch of finished polenta and pair with Shrimp Curry.
- Add to Turkey Chili to bulk up a one pot dinner.
Microwaving corn with Anyday is all about making cooking easy and fun. It's a quick way to bring out the sweet taste of corn, saving you time for the things you enjoy most. Read on for more of our microwave corn recipes, from corn on the cob to Speedy Polenta!