Sole with Capers, Butter, and Lemon
Sole gets less attention than its cousins tilapia or cod, but we love this flaky white fish for its buttery texture and slightly sweet natural flavor. Flavored with the classic fish accompaniments of capers, butter, and lemon, it makes a restaurant-worthy dinner.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time6 mins
Cook Time4-5 mins
to sit in blissful silence
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1-2 Pacific sole fillets, ⅛-¼” thick
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Parsley and fresh lemon juice for garnish
- Place the butter, garlic, capers, shallots, and white wine in the Anyday. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the aromatics have softened and the wine has reduced by half. Season and add the sole to the dish.
- Cover and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filet. Cook until fish is opaque and it flakes easily when you cut into it.
- Season with chopped parsley and fresh lemon juice.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute butter for oil for a lighter dish.
- Throw in frozen peas and onions alongside the fish for a more veggie-packed meal.
- Add some cayenne pepper or smoked paprika to the wine mixture for a spicy kick.
- Stir in pesto, frozen spinach, and black olives for a more Mediterranean dish.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.