Swordfish Pasta Puttanesca
Tender and slightly sweet, swordfish has the heartiness of meat without the overt richness. It holds its own against a bold puttanesca sauce of capers, black olives, and tomatoes, bringing briny, bright flavors to the classic Italian fisherman's pasta dish.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time16-17 mins
to gossip with friends
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup (115g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups (100g) short pasta
- 3 oz (85g) swordfish, diced into 1” pieces
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) chicken stock
- Fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Place the anchovies, capers, olives, garlic, chili flakes, and olive oil in the Anyday dish. Cover with lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, pasta, fish, and chicken stock and stir to combine. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Toss pasta to incorporate all ingredients and coat in the resulting sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and grated cheese.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute swordfish for salmon or tuna, or use chicken breasts, thighs, or firm tofu if you’d like.
- Add a tablespoon of pesto right before serving for even more flavor.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.