These colorful root vegetables steam in the microwave in a fraction of the time they take to roast in an oven — and keep all their healthy nutrients and antioxidants, too! Add them to salads or enjoy them on their own with a splash of olive oil and vinegar.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|2 medium size (280g)||9-10 mins|
|3 medium size (420g)||13-14 mins|
|4 medium size (560g)||16-17 mins|
- Peel and cut into ¾" cubes. Place in an Anyday dish.
- Add 1 teaspoon water per beet. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until beets are tender, but not mushy.
- Stir halfway through the cook time for even cooking.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
Want more beet recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Honey lime: Mix with honey, grated ginger, and lime juice.
Balsamic goat cheese: Mix with goat cheese (or blue cheese or feta cheese), toasted nuts, and balsamic vinegar
Garlic lemon: Mix with room temperature butter, garlic powder, chopped parsley, and lemon juice. Add crispy shallots for some extra crunch
Pink goddess dressing: Blend with greek yogurt, red wine or apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, olive oil, and a splash of water. Top with a sprinkle of chopped chives.