Butter Chicken Curry
Chicken thighs are cooked in a spicy, aromatic tomato sauce in this classic dish. The curry gets its deep flavor from garam masala, a traditional Indian spice that’s sweet, spicy, and fragrant all at once. Finish with cream and butter for a rich, hearty meal.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time13-14 mins
to water your plants
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¾ lb (340 g) boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup (165g) tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt, to taste
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into medium chunks
- ¼ cup (10g) cilantro, chopped
- Place the garlic, ginger, and oil into the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients except heavy cream, butter, and cilantro to the dish.
- Cover and cook for 12-13 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and flavors have melded.
- Stir in cream and butter. Add salt to taste. Garnish with cilantro.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Try substituting sour cream for heavy cream to add a tangy note if you’re eating the chicken right away. If you plan on reheating, use heavy cream to prevent curdling.
- Enjoy over white or brown rice or with veggies on the side.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.