Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time7 mins
to watch 'Under The Tuscan Sun'
Raise your wine glass! This Tuscan-inspired recipe comes together in one dish, serving up a decadent weeknight dinner in minutes, straight out of the microwave. Chicken cooks to perfection in the creamy, garlicky sauce — great for dipping crusty bread or tossing with hot pasta.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (30g) yellow onion, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup (50g) sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1½ cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- 1 6 oz (170g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Fresh basil or Italian parsley, if desired
- Add the melted butter, garlic, onion, chili flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, cream, salt, and pepper, tossing to coat.
- Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the onions have softened. Stir in the spinach and cheese.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Nestle the chicken breasts into the sauce.
- Cover with the lid (knob lifted) and continue cooking in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring half way, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and garnish with basil or parsley.
Serving suggestions & tips
- You may substitute the chicken with boneless pork chops or tofu.
- To bulk up the sauce, add halved cherry tomatoes to cook with the chicken.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.