Packed with antioxidants, these crunchy, crisp beans steam quickly for an easy serving of veggies. Microwaving brings out the beans’ natural flavors and keeps them tender without turning mushy.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
|1 cup (90g)||3-4 mins|
|3 cups (270g)||7-8 mins|
|5 cups (450g)||9-11 mins|
- Trim the ends off the green beans, cut in half, and rinse. Place in an Anyday dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until green beans are tender, but not mushy.
- The leftover moisture after rinsing helps the green beans steam.
- For the most even cooking, stir halfway through the cook time.
- For thicker green beans, add additional cook time if needed. Decrease cook time for thinner ones.
- For frozen green beans, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of green beans to quickly boost the steam.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper for a quick side dish.
Want more green bean recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Honey soy: Mix with honey, soy sauce, and lime juice
Garlic chive: Mix with room temperature butter, chopped chives, and garlic powder
Peanut: Mix with creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, and rice vinegar
Sweet and spicy: Mix with sriracha, honey, and fish sauce