Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12-13 mins
to plan a trip to Tuscany
When you’re here, you’re family! Grab your breadsticks — this is the perfect copycat recipe for a cozy night in, ready in just 15 minutes! This comforting, creamy soup features hearty potatoes, fiber-rich kale, rich cream and savory Italian sausage, making it a perfect dish for a cold winter night.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup (30g) diced yellow onion
- 4 oz (115g) Italian sausage, removed from casing and broken into pieces
- 1 medium potato (120g), cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup (35g) kale, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (350ml) chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup (60ml) half and half or heavy cream
- Add the olive oil, garlic, onion, sausage, potatoes, and kale to the Anyday dish and stir to mix well.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for 6 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Add the stock, salt, oregano, and half and half and continue cooking uncovered for 6-7 minutes, or until the soup is hot.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve warm with crusty bread!
Serving suggestions & tips
- Add shredded chicken or cooked beans for a heartier soup.
- Substitute kale for spinach or Swiss chard.
- Keep it dairy free by using coconut milk or unsweetened plant base creamer instead of half and half.
- We recommend using russet or Yukon potatoes in this recipe. You can also use peeled and chunked sweet potatoes.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.