Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time3-6 mins
to make fresh squeezed orange juice
Don’t flip out— pancakes made in the microwave are just as delicious as their griddled counterparts! Want to save even more time? Use a store-bought pancake mix and follow the package directions. Scoop ¼ cup batter into each Small Anyday dish and proceed with Step 3 in the recipe below.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (95g) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup (170ml) buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Fresh fruit, for serving (optional)
- Place the butter in the Anyday Small Dish and cook until fully melted. Add melted butter and remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl. Whisk batter until smooth.
- Coat 1-2 Anyday Small Dishes with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1⁄4 cup batter into each dish, or enough to cover the bottom. Cook as many as 2-4 Small Dishes at one time, depending on the size of your microwave.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the batter is spongy to the touch. Transfer pancakes to a plate and repeat with remaining batter — or serve and eat right in the dish!
- Serve with maple syrup or your favorite toppings.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Add blueberries (fresh or frozen) to the batter for blueberry pancakes.
- Buttermilk can be substituted for whole milk, half and half, or plant-based milk of choice.
- Add chocolate chips for a sweet breakfast treat!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.