This flavorful Spanish sauce features bold roasted red peppers, bright sherry vinegar, and savory toasted nuts. Almonds and whole garlic cloves toast in minutes thanks to the microwave, softening all of the aromatics in the same time it takes to heat a skillet on the stovetop skillet.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time2-3 mins
to plan a trip to Catalonia
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- ¼ cup (55g) raw slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1½ cups (185g) roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ cup (60ml/g) crushed tomatoes
- Salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- Place the oil, garlic, almonds, smoked paprika, and cayenne in the Anyday dish and mix to combine.
- Cover with lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until almonds begin to toast and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Blend with an immersion blender (or regular blender) until texture is as smooth or chunky as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the sauce to cool and use as desired.
- Save Time with Anytime Trays: Allow sauce to cool, about 10-15 minutes. Portion sauce evenly into the Anytime Trays, cover with lid and freeze.
Serving suggestions & tips
- For added texture, add chopped black olives or capers after blending.
- Add fresh basil and toss with small mozzarella pearls for a quick antipasto dish.
- Use it as the base for your favorite shakshuka recipe.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.