Warm Marinated Olives
This is the recipe to reach for when you have guests due any minute and nothing to welcome them with (though they work just as well paired with a cocktail on a lazy night in). Orange peel, garlic, and spices turn the olives into a citrusy, aromatic appetizer. Infuse the oil with any herb and spice combo you like to up the elegance.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time1-2 mins
to browse Zillow listings
- 1 cup (140g) mixed oil-packed olives (with pits), or any available whole olives (see note)
- 2 strips of orange peel
- ¼ cup (50ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds or fennel seeds
- ½ bay leaf
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- Place all the ingredients in the Anyday dish and stir to combine. Cover with lid (knob lifted).
- Cook for 1-2 minutes in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, or until mixture is aromatic and starts to bubble slightly.
- Allow olives to cool with the lid on to infuse for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Once cool, serve slightly warm or allow olives to cool completely uncovered. Store covered in the refrigerator for 15-30 days.
Serving suggestions & tips
- NOTE: oil-packed olives can be hard to find. If not available, use brine-packed olives, but make sure to strain and dry the olives well in a clean lint-free towel before continuing with the recipe.
- Substitute lemon peel instead of orange for a more subtle aroma.
- Add rosemary, thyme or oregano for a more herb-forward marinade.
- Toss in fresh chopped dill right before serving when serving for a refreshing touch.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.