While lighter and healthier than the beef version, this turkey chili doesn't sacrifice taste. Smoked paprika and jalapeño add spice and depth to this cozy dish. It's an easy, wholesome way to use up those holiday leftovers.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time11-13 mins
to do a few squats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ (75g) small onion, diced
- 1 (30g) medium jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika salt, to taste
- 1 cup (100) leftover cooked turkey meat, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup (150g) canned pinto (or any other) beans, drained
- 1 cup (150g) canned diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock, turkey stock, or water
- Combine olive oil, onion, jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, and salt in the Anyday dish.
- Cover with the lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the turkey, pinto beans, canned tomatoes (including juices), and stock. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 9-10 minutes, or until chili has thickened slightly and flavors have melded together. Serve hot.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Top with your favorite chili toppings such as sour cream, cheese, and scallions.
- Skip the chicken stock and use the chili as a filling for sloppy joes.
- Substitute some of the diced tomatoes with leftover gravy for an extra decadent chili.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.