Having infused oil on hand is the key to making more interesting sauces, dressings, sautés, you name it. It’s also great for drizzling on dishes to finish. The microwave makes it in minutes — try it with different herb combinations to find your favorite flavors.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time3-4 mins
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, picked or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, picked or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary rosemary, picked or finely chopped
- 2 2-inch strips lemon peel, or 1 teaspoon of zested lemon skin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all the ingredients into the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until oil is bubbling and very fragrant. CAUTION: Dish will be extremely hot, so make sure to use oven mitts or a dish towel when handling. Make sure to place the hot dish on a trivet — do NOT place on a cold countertop or in a wet sink.
- Strain the oil and allow it to cool before using. If you want to freeze for future use, let the oil cool and then pour into ice cube trays and place in the freezer. NOTE: only olive oil will solidify when frozen. Make sure not to use any other oil, otherwise it will remain liquid.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Customize your infused oil: Try ground spices, different herbs, citrus zests, bay leaves and more.
- Let the oil cool and use it in vinaigrettes.
- Coat your favorite vegetables in the infused oil and roast in the oven or cook in the microwave in an Anyday dish.
- Brush a loaf of bread with the infused oil, sprinkle with spices, and bake!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.