Fish? In the microwave?! Yes you can, and yes you should. Salmon cooked medium-rare is flaky and tender, just as if it were poached. Bonus: the Anyday traps fish smells in the dish, saving you the dirty looks in the lunchroom.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
(4-6oz, 110-170g fillets)
|One 4-6oz piece||4-5 mins|
|Two 4-6 oz pieces||5-6 mins|
|Three 4-6 oz pieces||6-7 mins|
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Place in one layer in an Anyday Shallow Dish and cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for the time listed in the table, or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- For the most even cooking, flip halfway through the cook time.
- For frozen salmon, add 1 teaspoon liquid (e.g. water, chicken stock, soy sauce) per salmon fillet to quickly boost the steam. The cooking time will be largely affected by the thickness of the fillet. Cook for the time listed in the table, adding time in 1-minute intervals until the fish is cooked through.
- We recommend using an Anyday Shallow Dish for cooking proteins. If using an Anyday Deep Dish, you may need to add more cooking time.
Want more salmon recipes?
Level it Up!
Try these versatile flavor combinations with this cooked ingredient.
Teriyaki: Mix with teriyaki sauce, served over a quick stir fry
Maple miso: Mix with miso, maple syrup, and rice vinegar. Serve with steamed bok choy
Mediterranean: Brush the top with pesto, then garnish with sliced black olives and cherry tomatoes
Smoky bagel filling: Once cool, shred and mix with cream cheese, liquid smoke, chopped chives, and lemon juice
Salmon salad: Shred the cooked salmon and mix with lemon juice, sour cream, chopped chives, salt, and pepper for an upgrated "tuna" salad filling.
Teriyaki bowl: Break the fish into smaller pieces and season with teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, and sesame oil. Enjoy over steamed rice.
Salmon mac and cheese: Break the salmon into smaller pieces, mix into mac and cheese and toast under the broiler.