Squash and Radicchio Salad
Like leaves at their peak glory in October, fall flavors are on full display in this side dish. The slight bitterness of the radicchio highlights the nuttiness and natural sweetness of the squash, making it a perfect complement to rich mains.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5-6 mins
to watch the sky for a shooting star
- 1 cup (135g) kabocha squash, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups (110g) thickly sliced radicchio
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Place the squash, radicchio, and the olive oil in the Anyday dish and toss. Cover with the lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- While the squash and radicchio cook, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette until a smooth dressing is formed.
- Dress the radicchio and squash with the vinaigrette to your liking, then sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top. If desired, mix with fresh greens such as spinach or arugula. Enjoy while warm.
Serving suggestions & tips
- If kabocha isn’t available, use acorn, butternut, or delicata squash.
- If you want to add fresh salad greens, add spinach or arugula to the cooked squash and radicchio and dress with balsamic dressing.
- Add toasted or candied pecans for some crunch.
- Sprinkle salad with blue, goat, or feta cheese for a richer side dish.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.