Meal Planner: Babies & Toddlers
Need quick and healthy meals for your little ones? Try our easy, microwave-friendly weeknight meal plan for babies and toddlers.
We understand the parent struggle: You have to feed your kids every day. Multiple times a day. That’s a lot of meals! Plus, your kids need variety in flavor, texture, and nutrition for them to develop healthy bodies and attitudes towards eating. So…no pressure?
We’re here to help. Anyday’s dishes allow you to whip up fast, delicious, and healthy food in a hands-off fashion, but we want to go one step further: We want to plan out your week of meals so you can grocery shop, prep, cook, and feed your kids on autopilot. Our tips for prepping ahead are designed to make mealtime easy, allowing for more time spent making memories at the table.
One week of toddler meals in under 90 minutes
This menu is meant to serve as a guide to feed one child or toddler throughout the week, plus some leftovers.
Here’s how it works: We’ll give you a shopping list for the week’s worth of meals. You’ll have one prep day (maybe a Sunday!) where you’ll cook for about 90 minutes, which will keep your day-of cooking super fast. Then, no meal will take you longer than 10 minutes the day-of.
Use the menu below as a guide, and read on for prep-ahead tips and serving suggestions. Looking for more resources on microwaving food for your kids? See our guide on How to Microwave Food for Babies & Toddlers.
Sound good? Let’s go!
Please consult your pediatrician when following a meal plan, and consider your child’s preferences and any potential allergens when preparing the recipes.
How to use this meal plan
Our Meal Plans feature 10 easy microwave recipes that are designed to save you as much time as possible. Make sure to follow directions for the single serving for each recipe listed below, unless listed otherwise.
Step 1: Get the goods: The Parent Set
Step 2: Check out the week's meal plan at a glance
Step 3: Download the shopping list
Step 4: Let's cook!
Have any questions about microwave meal plans or recipes? Reach out Test Kitchen team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this table to get a sense for what you’ll be serving each day. Feel free to move recipes around, or substitute recipes that suit your kids’ tastes, preferences, and dietary restrictions.
|Broccoli Cheddar Soup
|Veggie Tots + Rotisserie Chicken
|Ready to Reheat Oatmeal + Fruit
|Egg Bites + Potato
|Creamy Mac and Cheese + Broccoli
|Chicken Chili + Broccoli
|Ready to Reheat Oatmeal + Fruit
|Creamy Mac and Cheese
|Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Recipes & Prep Plan
Microwave Egg Bites
- Prepare the egg bite filling and divide into an Anytime Tray (1/2 cup).
- Switch up the mix-in ingredients to each compartment for a variety of flavors.
- Cook the egg bites and allow to cool. Keep the egg bites in the tray and cover with the lid.
- Freeze the cooked bites and use them as needed during the week. Freeze in the Anytime Trays or wrap each egg bite in a paper towel before storing it in an air-tight container.
- Wrap each egg bite in a dampened paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until just warmed through.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving to children.
- Break the egg bite into smaller pieces for little ones.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Make the soup and allow to cool. Portion in the Anytime Tray (1/2 cup), cover with the lid, and freezer overnight.
- Alternatively, make a large batch of this soup and freeze it to use later!
- Add some extra veggies to this soup to introduce more flavors and textures to your kids.
- Pop a portion of frozen soup out of the Anytime Tray (1/2 cup). Transfer to a Small Dish, cover with the lid, and microwave for 1-2 minutes (or until warmed through).
- Serve with a simple ‘dippable’! Squares of grilled cheese, small bites of quesadilla, toast, or tater tots!
Freezer-Friendly Veggie Tots
- Prepare the "dough" and transfer to a 2-Tbsp Freezer Tray. Freeze overnight.
- You can use frozen, pre-cut veggies in this recipe.
- Pop a Veggie Tot out of the Anytime Tray and transfer to a small baking sheet or toaster oven tray. - Proceed with the recipe and serve with shredded leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Prepare oatmeal and portion into Anytime Trays (1/2 cup).
- Feel free to add some additional toppings before freezing. Add in any fresh or dried fruit, peanut butter, or chia seeds!
- Want to serve oatmeal with fresh fruit? Cut into bite-sized pieces and portion into 1/2 Cup Anytime Trays. Cover with the lid, refrigerate, and enjoy pre-portioned fruit throughout the week.
- Pop a portion of oatmeal out of the Anytime Tray and transfer to a Small Dish.
- Microwave for for 1-2 minutes per portion. To reheat more than one portion of oatmeal at a time, use a larger dish and add more cook time (about 4-5 mins total).
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Prepare the mac and cheese.
- Add shredded carrot, zucchini, or sweet potato to the filling for extra veggies.
- Allow to cool and portion in Anytime Trays (1/2 cup).
- Pop a portion of frozen mac and cheese out of the Anytime Tray (1/2 Cup). Transfer to a Small Dish, cover with the lid, and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Serve with steamed broccoli, asparagus, or whatever your kid is into at the moment!
One Dish Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare the filling, allow to cool, and freeze in Anytime Trays (1/2 cup).
- Adjust salt and seasonings to your child’s palate.
- Not into leftovers? Freezing the filling allows you the flexibility of switching up meals throughout the week! Keep leftovers in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Pop a portion of frozen filling out of the Anytime Tray (1/2 Cup). Transfer to a Small Dish, cover with the lid, and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Skip the crust — serve this flavorful, stew-like filling with a side of veggies, steamed rice, or pasta.
- When cooking for kids, omit the jalapeño and paprika.
- Prepare the chili and portion into Anytime Trays (1/2 Cup). Cover with the lid and freeze overnight.
- Pop a portion of chili out of the Anytime Tray and transfer to a Small Dish.
- Microwave for for 1-2 minutes per portion. To reheat more than one portion of chili at a time, use a larger dish and add more cook time (about 4-5 mins total).
- Serve with steamed broccoli, sweet potato, or whatever veggie your kid is into at the moment.
The Meal Prep Bundle
No more frantic cooking for lunchtime or weeknights! Save hours on meal prep with this set, which combines the time-saving superpowers of your microwave and your freezer.
Quickly cook big batches of grains, soups, sauces, proteins, and veggies in the microwave, then refrigerate your food in the same dish or freeze into perfect portions with 2-Tablespoon and 1/2-cup Anytime Freezer Trays.
Ready to eat? Whip up lightning-fast meals with a combination of your frozen, refrigerated, and even yet-to-be-cooked food.