Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Cook Time12 mins
to hollow out a bread bowl
Sharp cheddar and cream transforms broccoli into a rich and decadent soup, making this dish a favorite of picky kids and adults alike. Just microwave all of the ingredients together and blend until the desired consistency is achieved. Looking to prep ahead? Use Anytime Trays to store 1/2 cup portions of leftover soup! To reheat, place a frozen portion into a Small Dish and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well..
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- ½ cup (45g) shredded carrots
- 2 cups (130g) broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ small yellow onion (30g), finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup (275ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- ¾ cup (160ml) heavy cream or half-and-half
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup (3oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place the carrot, broccoli, onion, garlic powder, and butter in the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 6 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully cooked and soft when pierced with a fork.
- Add the stock, half-and-half or cream, and salt and continue cooking for 6 minutes, or until the liquid begins to bubble.
- Carefully transfer the ingredients into a blender and add the cheddar cheese. Blend until smooth and emulsified, about 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Top with some sour cream for an extra velvety and creamy texture.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon to add some brightness.
- Top with chopped crispy bacon for a more indulgent dish.
- Substitute feta for any cheese of your liking and add your favorite herbs.
- Save Time with Anytime Trays: Allow soup to cool completely, about 10-15 minutes. Portion sauce evenly into the Anytime Trays, cover with lid and freeze.
- Careful! This soup can get very hot in the microwave. Be sure to use caution when transferring the soup to the blender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup directly in the Anyday Deep Dish.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.