Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time1-2 mins
to write a quick grocery list
Slammed with a block of meetings? Barely have enough time to pour a cup of coffee? The struggle is real! Save yourself some sanity throughout the week by making a big batch of breakfast oatmeal in the microwave. Add any mix-ins (sweet or savory!), portion in our Anytime Trays, then freeze overnight until you’re ready to reheat. This method is cheaper than store-bought instant oatmeal packets, doesn’t include any unnecessary preservatives or additives, and reheats beautifully.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups (100g) cooked rolled oats
Blueberry & Cream Oats
- ½ cup fresh blueberries, or frozen
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream, or coconut milk
Banana & Peanut Butter Oats
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix cooked rolled oats with desired flavor add-ins.
- If the cooked oats are still warm, transfer to a baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Transfer to the fridge until fully cooled.
- Portion oats into the cups of a ½ cup Anytime Tray and cover with the lid. Freeze overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- To reheat from frozen: Place a frozen oatmeal portion into a Anyday Small Dish. Add 1 tablespoon water and then cover with lid (knob lifted). Cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the oatmeal is hot and thick.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute milk with any plant based milk of your liking for a vegetarian or vegan option.
- Substitute sugar with maple syrup, honey or stevia.
- Substitute the veggies for cooked mushrooms and corn for a savory take.
- For reheating in the dishes: Transfer a portion of oatmeal to an Anyday dish. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water or milk and cover with lid (knob lifted). Cook for 1-2 minutes per portion, or until the oatmeal is creamy and warmed through.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.