Salmon with Spicy Braised Peppers
Braising bell pepper and tomatoes releases their natural juices. Simmered with spicy jalapeño and paprika, the sweet and spicy notes create a light, flavorful broth for flaky salmon fillets. Perfect for a quick meal that tastes like it took hours to prepare.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time13-14 mins
to do that yoga video you bookmarked
- ½ (60g) red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ (60g) yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ (30g) medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 6-ounce (170g) (or one 12-ounce) salmon fillets
- paprika, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Add the peppers, onion, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, and salt into the Anyday dish and mix to combine. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the tomatoes are slightly cooked.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Dredge one side with paprika and place it on top of the cooked peppers.
- Cover and cook for 8-9 minutes, checking for doneness by piercing the center with a fork. The salmon should flake easily. Spoon the vegetables on top and serve.
Serving suggestions & tips
- The thickness of the fish and your desired doneness will determine its cooking time. If your fillets are thinner or you like your salmon medium rare, start with less time — you can always add more but you can’t take away!
- You can replace the salmon with cod, sturgeon, swordfish, mahi mahi or halibut.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.