Creamy Zucchini Pancetta Pasta
The best kind of comfort food always leaves you feeling better about yourself — like this creamy, cheesy pasta that has just enough zucchini to be a complete meal. Salty pancetta bits are tossed throughout, like specks of gustatory gold. It’s easily customizable with other vegetables that cook in similar times, such as asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time16-17 mins
to speed read a short story
- 2 tablespoons pancetta, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups (120g) penne pasta
- 1 ¼ cups (300ml) water
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (100g) zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Add the pancetta, garlic, raw pasta, water, and salt to the Anyday dish.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave for 13-14 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente with a slight bite.
- Stir in the zucchini and oil. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Toss in the sour cream, parmesan, and almonds.
Serving suggestions & tips
- If you can’t find pancetta, use bacon instead.
- Substitute ricotta cheese for the sour cream and garnish with chopped basil.
- For more color, toss in a handful of fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes at the very end.
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.