Golden Fried Rice
No need for a screaming hot pan for this take on fried rice! This side dish is packed with flavor from spices and given a creamy finish with golden egg yolks stirred into the hot rice before serving. We learned of this genius technique from Lucas Sin of Junzi Kitchen and adapted it to the microwave — turns out it works!
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time6 mins
Cook Time6 mins
to play a round of your favorite game on your cell phone
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- ½ (75g) small onion, small dice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ cup (50g) broccoli, cut into small florets
- salt, to taste
- 1 ½ cups (270g) cooked rice
- 3 egg yolks
- Add all ingredients except the rice and egg yolks to the Anyday dish. Cover with the lid (knob lifted).
- Cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until rice is very hot.
- Add egg yolks to the hot steaming rice, mix quickly and thoroughly to evenly coat the rice. The yolks will gently cook from the steam.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
- Swap broccoli for other vegetables cut in a similar size, like peas, asparagus, zucchini, or cauliflower.
- This recipe calls for cooked rice — here's how to make it perfectly in your Anyday!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed.