Pesto Zoodles with Shrimp
Use a spiralizer to make your own zucchini noodles! Don’t have room for another tool? Use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin strips of zucchini for this healthy weeknight recipe, coming together in minutes in the microwave.
All of Anyday’s recipes are tested (and retested!) in many different microwaves and home kitchens to make sure they work — and work well.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Need
Prep Time7 mins
Cook Time3 mins
to 'zoodle' more produce
- 8 medium shrimp, trimmed and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 cups spiralized zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar or glaze, to taste (optional)
- Add the shrimp, oil, and chili flakes into the Anyday dish and mix to combine.
- Cover with the lid (knob lifted) and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the shrimp are partially cooked.
- Add the pesto and zucchini noodles and toss to combine. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes (stirring halfway through), or until the shrimp are pink and the zoodles are tender. If needed, continue cooking in 30-second intervals.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and olives. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar to taste, if desired.
Serving suggestions & tips
- Substitute shrimp with tofu for a vegetarian main dish.
- Use any pre-spiralized vegetable available at the store, like butternut squash or beets.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche at the end to make the zoodles extra creamy!
- Microwave ovens vary, even with the same wattages. Adjust cooking times as needed